Three Men Have Been Arrested For Stealing Over $1 Million Worth Of Eels
Believe it or not, they managed to sell about half of them.
1. Three men who were selling stolen eels on a Brooklyn street corner have now been arrested.
2. The high-end barbecued eels were reported missing by their owner, Mars Global Trading, after they were apparently stolen by these men using faked paperwork and an unwitting truck driver as an accomplice.
3. The shipment that was stolen contained 2000 boxes of eels, worth a total of $1.04 million.
4. Working with police investigators, Mars Global Trading set up a sting, in which they would buy back 200 boxes of their own eels and work with police to then apprehend the three con men.
5. The three men, Wei Da Li, Sheauloon Yat, and Fa Deng, managed to sell over half of the eels but have now been arrested and face criminal charges.
6. What do you think of this crazy story? Talk to us about it in the comments below, and share with your friends to see what they think.